December!? When did that happen?!? I took my car in for an oil change this weekend and to both my mechanic's and my horror, the last time I had had my oil changed was...wait for it...January 2012!!! (I hope my Dad doesn't read this) It really seemed like I had it changed 4 months ago-- ok, try 12 months ago. Time. Flies.
Every year since I can remember, I've made a Christmas card that I send out to family and friends. I just updated a few of my favorites and put them up for sale in my Etsy store, i make pretty. Take a look!
I also wanted to share a super simple no-bake recipe for Date-Nut Coconut Squares that I found in Martha Stewart Home Living. I've been making these healthy treats on the weekend and bringing them to work for breakfast. They go so well with a cup of coffee. Recipe below.
Last but not least, check out this Holiday Bake-off Recipe Contest on Made Just Right. The winner gets an all expense paid trip for 2 to Las Vegas which includes, a stay at the Wynn, dinner at Country Club, tickets to see O by Cirque du Soliel and $1000 in cash! What an amazing prize!
// Dreamy Christmas //
// Simple 'No-Bake' Date-Nut Coconut Squares //
Makes 12 Squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw cashews or almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of cinnamon
1) Pulse 1/2 cup of nuts of your choice until coarsely chopped.
2) Add 1 cup of pitted dates (the softer the better), 1/4 cup of dried coconut, and a pinch of cinnamon and purée until smooth.
3) Place 1/4 cup more of the dried coconut on a plate.
4) Take date mixture and form into 1-inch cubes. Dip all sides of the cube in the dried coconut to cover. (I dip half and leave the other half plain as they are already quite sweet from the dates).
Cubes can be stored up to 1 week at room temperature in an airtight container.