Friday, June 28, 2013

Bocaditos with a Twist


 

If you ever find yourself in a situation where a good friend of yours is throwing a Havana Nights themed birthday party and you're not sure what to bring...boy, do I have a solution for you-- Bocaditos!

These tasty, little, cuban party sandwiches are perfectly small (and filling) and are sure to be real crowd pleaser. I found the recipe here on Mmmm...Cuba and made a couple of changes to add some more flavor and spice.

BOCADITOS (makes 24 sandwiches)
3/4 lb smoked ham
2 (8 oz) packages of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese 
1 bottle Mezzetta Hot Chili Peppers 
1 bottle or can of Sliced JalapeƱo Peppers
2 dozen soft dinner rolls (I used mini-bun or slider rolls which are pre-cut)

1. Slice & Dice
Slice the ham and dice the amount of Chili Peppers and Jalapeno Peppers you'd like to use depending on how spicy you want your sandwiches to be. I used about 6 Chili Peppers and 7 Jalapeno Peppers.

2. Mix
Mix the sliced ham and diced peppers with the cream cheese until smooth.

3. Spread the Love
Spread mixture on rolls.

I'm so glad I learned about these little gems-- they make for great small bites to bring to a party or picnic. I'm sure I'll be making a lot more of these this Summer.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...